Practical and easy-to-use, the Roughometer III provides a simple technique for road quality assessment and has the advantage of an integrated GPS unit and the ability to collect over 8,000 miles of data.
The Roughometer III is a response-type roughness device, complying to World Bank Class 3 requirements. Unlike other devices in this class, the Roughometer III eliminates the uncertainties associated with the vehicle, such as the vehicle’s suspension or passenger weight, by directly measuring the axle movement with a precision accelerometer. This means the Roughometer III does not need to be calibrated experimentally to produce true International Roughness Index (IRI) results.
Once a survey has been undertaken, the Roughometer III processing software enables the data to be formatted into custom graphs, tables and maps.
- Provides objective data for true evaluation of the roughess level of the road
- Objectively compares and analyzes which roads are in need of repair
- Monitors roughness deterioration trends
- Accurate and repeatable outputs regardless of vehicle type, suspension and passenger loads
- Axle-mounted inertial sensor used to determine road profile and roughness
- Integrated GPS for location data with on-screen display of satellite tracking status
- Outputs in International Roughness Index (IRI) or NASRAA counts
- Can be installed in most passenger and light commercial vehicles
- Fast and simple download of data, to laptop or computer, using USB connection
- Multi-format reports available:
– GPS maps
– CSV files
- Roughometer hand-held controller
- Interface module
- Inertial module and mounting brackets
- Distance Measurement Instrument (DMI)
- GPS antenna with magnetic base mount
- Processing software
Click Here for: Roughometer 3 Brochure